Get involved by reporting issues to your local authority
Mapping and reporting street problems to the councils responsible for fixing them – now you can get that pothole filled in without dealing with bureaucrats.
None. Unless you are setting up a new FixMyStreet.
Easy if It's available in your country.
What is it and why should I use it?
FixMyStreet makes it easy for anyone to report a problem without worrying about the correct authority to send it to. FixMyStreet takes care of that using the problem’s location and category, and sends a report to the department or body responsible for fixing it. Additional features are available for staff users working for the authorities who are actually fixing problems.
How do I use it?
- Enter a nearby postcode, or street name and area, or choose to locate automatically
- Locate the problem on a map of the area
- Enter details of the problem
- FixMyStreet send it to the council on your behalf
- Ongoing reports and issues are visible online, you can subscribe to alerts and leave updates
You can already fix your street in 13 countries across 4 continents!
Rubbish accumulates, not inside the park but on the road in front of it — just opposite my house! People just dump stuff from their car windows. I reported the eyesore, both on FixMyStreet and to Croydon Council. I believe that when reports are published online, the council may feel some kind of pressure and ashamed. The results have been good. Right now, the road is reasonably clean.